Polycom Enhances Video Management Capabilities with Mobile Video Support for 50,000 Devices, Also Delivers a New Solution for Midsized Video Networks
- Software upgrade for Polycom® RealPresence® Resource Manager delivers video capacity for up to 50,000 devices, a 5x increase, allowing large enterprises and service providers to support BYOD and scale video networks
- New Polycom® RealPresence® Video DualManager™ 400 is a cost-effective solution on a single appliance for managing a midsized video network of 100 to 400 devices
SAN JOSE, Calif. - Aug 07, 2013: Polycom, Inc. (Nasdaq: PLCM), the global leader in open, standards-based unified communications and collaboration (UC&C), today announced that the latest Polycom® RealPresence® Resource Manager software v8.0 update gives large enterprise customers and service providers the ability to support up to 50,000 video user registrants joining from mobile, desktop or group video systems, helping IT organizations support the BYOD (Bring Your Own Device) trend. Polycom today also unveiled Polycom® RealPresence® Video DualManager™ 400 solution, a new Polycom® RealPresence® Platform offering available on an industry-standard server that provides resource management, broad call-control support and interoperability for midsized enterprise video networks.
“Organizations of all sizes are seeking to equip employees with video collaboration capabilities whether from the road, from home or right from their desks,” said A.E. Natarajan, Executive Vice President of Worldwide Engineering, Polycom. “For large enterprises and service providers, the enhanced Resource Manager can help IT support BYOD since it’s optimized for the secure, highly scalable video collaboration that is being fueled by the proliferation of mobile and desktop video users. For midsized enterprises, the new RealPresence Video DualManager 400 is a single appliance that gives the IT organization the intelligent infrastructure they need to make video collaboration always available so that their employees can have more productive meetings with their colleagues, partners and customers.”
Large Enterprises and Service Providers: Support BYOD and Enhance Help-Desk Services
The new software release of the RealPresence Resource Manager (v8.0) can support up to 50,000 video devices, which can include mobile smartphones and tablets, desktop clients, and up to 10,000 group video collaboration systems, such as Polycom® HDX® Series and Polycom® RealPresence® Group Series systems. The new release also features enhancements in monitoring, provisioning, and reporting; an API suite for custom app development integrations; more flexibility for scheduling calls; and additional virtual meeting room management capabilities.
Polycom today also announced updates to Polycom® RealPresence® Distributed Media Application™ (DMA v6.0) that provide enhanced video operator services with help-desk features such as on-demand support with dialing, added interactive voice response messaging that provides more information about the status of a call, enhanced call detail records for recording and billing, additional interoperability capabilities, support for multiple languages, and customization options.
For service providers, the updates to Resource Manager and DMA enhance the scale of the solution for mobile and desktop service offers, enhance the end-user experience for service provider customers, and provide additional richness to the data stored for reporting and billing purposes.
Manage Midsized Video Networks with a Solution Available on an Industry-Standard Server
The RealPresence Video DualManager 400 includes Polycom® RealPresence® Resource Manager and the Polycom® RealPresence® DMA software, which, respectively, allow IT administrators to manage video resources and distribute video calls across networks. With the RealPresence Video DualManager 400 solution, customers can drive down communication and administration costs, simplify UC&C collaboration for users, protect existing IT investments by unifying different networks, and maximize the return on their enterprise-wide UC&C implementation. Features and benefits of the new RealPresence Video DualManager 400 solution include:
- Dynamic monitoring, provisioning and reporting for midsized organizations: IT managers can dynamically monitor, provision and report on 100 to 400 devices, and manage and distribute up to 150 concurrent calls across diverse video, voice and content collaboration networks.
- Employee empowerment to control their own video meetings: organizations can enable anytime conferencing and offer virtual meeting rooms to employees who access their UC&C networks with managed devices.
- SIP-based SVC Call Management: interoperability with SVC-capable collaboration servers enable IT managers to manage the signaling and call control for SIP-based SVC calls.
- Maximizing investment protection: RealPresence Video DualManager 400 offers a powerful and highly efficient migration path for Polycom® CMA™ 4000 customers looking to expand their video network to include the benefits of SVC or extend video to browser-based users via Polycom® RealPresence® CloudAXIS Suite.
“As the number of video conferencing systems and personal video users grows within an organization, so does the need for centralized device and video traffic management,” said Ira M. Weinstein, senior analyst and partner at Wainhouse Research. “The RealPresence DualManager 400 includes full versions of two important Polycom infrastructure solutions, Resource Manager and DMA, packaged within a single appliance. This release makes it faster and easier for organizations to add proactive monitoring and advanced device management to their video conferencing environments. These capabilities are especially critical for global deployments that include both group and personal video systems.”
Pricing and Availability
Polycom RealPresence Resource Manager (v8.0) and Polycom RealPresence DMA (v6.0) will be available worldwide in August. The Polycom RealPresence Video DualManager 400 appliance will also be available worldwide in August; customers can implement the solution on a single Dell™ PowerEdge™ R620 server. For current Polycom CMA 4000 customers that meet minimum requirements and are on maintenance contracts, RealPresence Video DualManager 400 product licenses transfer free of charge and self-service migration tools are available for US$500.
With a free My-iQ account, you'll be able to keep track of the latest updates and event notifications from your favorite AV manufacturers, manage your own projects and discover new pro-AV products.
Request more information from a dealer near you