Polycom Announces New Portfolio of Mid-Market Solutions that Make Feature-Rich Video Collaboration More Affordable and Easier to Use and Manage
- Industry’s first implementation of open standards-based Scalable Video Coding (SVC) protocol in Polycom® RealPresence® Collaboration Server 800s, Virtual Edition, results in 3X HD multipoint video capacity for scalability, dramatically lower TCO, and backwards- and forwards-compatibility, without need for expensive gateways/hardware required by competitive proprietary SVC offerings
- RealPresence Collaboration Server 800s, Virtual Edition, is the industry’s first multi-protocol, integrated software MCU that runs on industry-standard servers
- Polycom portfolio of mid-market solutions includes new RealPresence Collaboration Server 800s, Virtual Edition; new RealPresence® Group 300 for huddle rooms; and updates to RealPresence® Desktop 2.0 software for Windows and Macs, as well as RealPresence® Mobile 2.0 for smartphones and tablets, delivering easy-to-use video at affordable prices
- New mid-market portfolio features the new Polycom UX™ (Polycom user experience), which delivers the industry’s best video collaboration experience with more than 20 new user innovations and features, including a completely redesigned UI and the industry's most lifelike HD image quality (up to 1080p60 resolution), patent-pending Polycom® SmartPairing™ technology, and innovative only-from-Polycom video, content sharing and audio features, all while minimizing IT management and support requirements
- Polycom Capital provides flexible financing options for customers to increase their buying power with various payment options and the ability to include maintenance, installation, and services for video collaboration solutions
Oct 8, 2012, SAN JOSE, Calif. and NEW YORK
Polycom, Inc. (Nasdaq: PLCM), the global leader in open standards-based unified communications (UC), today announced a new portfolio of solutions designed for medium-sized businesses that makes it easier to purchase, install, deliver, and manage high-quality, enterprise-grade video collaboration. The mid-market portfolio includes Polycom® RealPresence® Collaboration Server 800s, Virtual Edition, as well as various new, next-generation RealPresence video endpoints.
- Polycom RealPresence Collaboration Server 800s, Virtual Edition, the industry’s first implementation of open standards-based SVC (interoperable with AVC), results in 3X HD multipoint video capacity for greater scalability, dramatically lower TCO, and backwards- and forwards-compatibility, without the need for expensive gateways or hardware required by competitive proprietary SVC offerings
- Polycom® RealPresence® Group 300, an affordable enterprise-grade video collaboration system that supports the industry’s highest resolution (up to 1080p60) and is ideal for smaller collaboration spaces such as huddle rooms
- Polycom® RealPresence® Desktop 2.0 software for PCs and laptops (Windows and Mac OS X) and the next generation of Polycom® RealPresence® Mobile 2.0 for smartphones and tablets (iOS and Android devices) extend video collaboration beyond conference rooms
The next-generation RealPresence video endpoints boast the new Polycom UX™ (Polycom user experience). The Polycom UX delivers the industry’s best video collaboration experience with more than 20 new user innovations and features, including a completely redesigned UI and the industry's most lifelike HD image quality (up to 1080p60 resolution), patent-pending Polycom® SmartPairing™ technology, and only-from-Polycom video, content sharing and audio quality and features. The Polycom UX is designed to drive a superior experience and ease of use for users to increase adoption, while minimizing IT management and support, keeping IT costs down and usage up for better TCO.
“Polycom’s new solutions for the mid-market ensure that companies of all sizes can now benefit from the power of video conferencing while staying within their budget requirements,” said Sudhakar Ramakrishna, President of Products and Services, Polycom. “Polycom uniquely understands that to video-enable your workforce requires you to be able to collaborate with partners, customers and prospects, all of whom may have any number of vendors’ video systems. That’s why Polycom solutions are the most interoperable in the industry, and we pride ourselves on our rigorously open approach. With Polycom, you can connect via the highest quality at the lowest overall cost with just about anyone, anywhere, using any system.”
"Video collaboration solutions that enable face-to-face interaction and content-sharing are important tools for helping businesses stay competitive and on the cutting edge, no matter their size. The challenge for mid-sized companies, in particular, is that although they want and need to implement the best technology, they are often hindered by limited budgets and IT resources,” said Ira M. Weinstein, senior analyst and partner, Wainhouse Research. “Polycom has created a portfolio of video collaboration solutions that effectively hit the sweet spot for mid-market customers, delivering an enterprise-grade quality of experience, along with the affordability and ease of use to support customer needs today and tomorrow.”
RealPresence Collaboration Server 800s, Virtual Edition, a Software MCU that Runs on Industry-Standard Servers
Polycom RealPresence Collaboration Server 800s, Virtual Edition, is the industry’s first multi-protocol, integrated software MCU that runs on industry-standard servers, connecting video systems using the open standards-based SVC protocol with video systems using other protocols, such as AVC, to the same meeting without expensive gateways, extra licenses, or hidden costs. The RealPresence Collaboration Server 800s supports open standards-based SVC, delivering 3X HD multipoint video capacity for greater scalability, dramatically lower TCO, and superior performance, and is ideal for mid-sized enterprises such as professional service firms, private healthcare institutions, and investment firms, as well as for larger organizations with branch offices. The RealPresence Collaboration Server 800s, Virtual Edition, is part of the Polycom® RealPresence® Platform, the most interoperable and comprehensive software infrastructure for universal video collaboration.
RealPresence Collaboration Server 800s, Virtual Edition represents a significant step forward in delivering virtualized video collaboration from the datacenter for even greater flexibility and lower cost. Polycom plans to deliver additional software MCUs for industry-standard servers in the future.
Polycom RealPresence Video Endpoints for Mid-Market – Performance, Ease of Use, Affordability
Polycom’s mid-market video collaboration endpoint solutions include:
- RealPresence Group 300 with SmartPairing Technology and EagleEye Acoustic Camera is the next generation of HD video collaboration systems for smaller spaces or huddle rooms that need crystal-clear video calls at an affordable price. RealPresence Group 300 features HD video quality and Polycom’s legendary HD audio technology, including Polycom® ConstantClarity™ technology for extraordinary audio and video fidelity that allows users to distinguish every syllable of every word they hear in a Polycom video conference, resulting in an amazing video experience even in challenging environments. In addition, patent-pending Polycom® SmartPairing™, built into RealPresence Mobi
With a free My-iQ account, you'll be able to keep track of the latest updates and event notifications from your favorite AV manufacturers, manage your own projects and discover new pro-AV products.
Request more information from a dealer near you