Polycom® RealPresence® Video Content Management Solutions Deliver Live Video Streaming and Video Recordings to Android and Apple Devices
Polycom extends secure user access to video content beyond traditional PCs and laptops to tablets and smartphones, providing easy access to view live and recorded videos on-demand
PLEASANTON, Calif. - May 15, 2012 : Polycom, Inc. (Nasdaq: PLCM), the global leader in open standards-based unified communications (UC), today unveiled updates to Polycom® RealPresence® Video Content Management solutions that deliver anytime, anywhere secure access to view live-streaming webcasts and video recordings on-demand through a Web portal from any device. New features for RealPresence Video Content Management include updates for Polycom® RSS™ 4000 Recording and Streaming Server and Polycom® RealPresence® Media Manager that make the solution compatible with existing and future technologies, while extending users' access to video content from traditional computer systems to Android and iOS-based mobile devices. Polycom's RealPresence Video Content Management solution was recently recognized by Gartner with a "Positive" rating in the latest MarketScope for Video Content Management and Delivery, April 2012.1
"Research has shown that messages and trainings delivered through video are more likely to be viewed and can have much greater impact than written or verbal communication, which is why video collaboration is increasingly becoming a critical part of business culture," said A.E. Natarajan, group vice president, RealPresence Platform and Solutions, Polycom. "Organizations are relying on video content management and delivery solutions to improve workflow processes, such as continuing education to help doctors stay up-to-date on certifications, or knowledge transfer that ensures factory workers are briefed on the latest safety requirements. Polycom RealPresence Video Content Management gives users a flexible solution for viewing live-streamed video meetings or video recordings whether they are at their computers, in a conference room, or outside the office on laptops, tablets and smartphones."
Knowledge Management and Transfer Across Industries
The ability to live-stream or record videos for on-demand delivery to any Web-enabled device is transforming workflow processes for users across industries.
- In education, New York Network, a service of the State University of New York, works with a variety of organizations who are using Polycom RealPresence Video Content Management to record or live-stream lectures that are synchronized with slides, graphics and other content, reaching more people for lower costs. The solution can also track when participants complete their training and provide access to online testing. See related press release.
- In healthcare, organizations use Polycom RealPresence Video Content Management to transform how they learn, teach, and deliver patient-centered care through programs such as prevention and wellness, and continuing medical education. For example, Saint Vincent Health System built a telehealth network for doctors to collaborate remotely on grand rounds, exchanging observations, recommendations and patient information. Grand rounds are recorded, archived, and published for staffers to view on-demand for non-real-time collaboration and continuing medical education.
- In manufacturing, companies enhance knowledge management and transfer by using video networks for organizational development and critical skills training, including capturing intellectual property that is seldom documented elsewhere in an organization. Experts can record and share manufacturing technique training videos with remote teams, providing rich content to help staff maintain building safety and streamline plant operations.
Solution Features and Benefits
Polycom RSS 4000 Recording and Streaming Server records, archives, and streams video conferences for playback on a wide variety of devices such as desktops, traditional standards-based videoconferencing endpoints, and iOS and Android-based tablets and smartphones. Additional features include:
- A new, easy to navigate Web-based user interface that gives users one-click access to live-streaming videos and video recordings
- Integration with existing infrastructure including other external media servers that store and distribute digital media content, which helps future-proof IT investments, drive better ROI, and enable larger-scale delivery of live-streamed video to users
Polycom RealPresence Media Manager includes full HTML5 support, which allows users to search, rate, and watch video recordings on-demand securely through a Web portal on any Android and iOS-based device. Additional options include:
- Mobility Integration – a content transcoding engine that prepares content for playback on Android or iOS-based systems on tablets or smartphones, so IT administrators can support various mobile devices
- Digital Signage Integration – allows IT to push content from the Media Manager to third-party digital signage solutions for more centralized control of video content delivery across devices and locations
- Polycom RealPresence Media Utility for IBM Sametime – users can publish recorded Sametime sessions featuring audio and content into the media library with push-button ease for approval, transcoding and delivery across devices
- Microsoft SharePoint 2010 integration – enables integrated search with multi-language support that returns relevant document and videos side-by-side. Media Manager is also compatible with Microsoft SQL Server 2012, which allows for improved data management, access, and collaboration.
The RealPresence Video Content Management solution will be available worldwide July 2012.
With a free My-iQ account, you'll be able to keep track of the latest updates and event notifications from your favorite AV manufacturers, manage your own projects and discover new pro-AV products.
Request more information from a dealer near you