Polycom to Showcase Polycom® RealPresence® Video Solutions for Healthcare at American Telemedicine Association 2012, Booth #1235
Solutions support new prevention and wellness-focused healthcare models that help patients take a more active role in their care by eliminating the distance between patients and caregivers, specialists, and facilities
American Telemedicine Association 2012
San Jose McEnery Convention Center
150 West San Carlos Street San Jose, Calif. 91553
April 29-May 1, 2012
At American Telemedicine Association 2012, Polycom, Inc. (Nasdaq: PLCM), the global leader in open standards-based unified communications, will demonstrate Polycom® RealPresence® video solutions in healthcare environments, which use HD video to fuel innovation through new and emerging healthcare applications, business models, and patient/physician relationships. Polycom offers a full portfolio of communication solutions for healthcare including video collaboration applications that support prevention and wellness efforts, which encourage patients to take a more active role in their care and can help decrease the rate of rehospitalizations. In addition, Polycom is also participating in industry panels and live in-booth presentations (details below).
Polycom healthcare industry experts available for press interviews:
- Ron Emerson, RN, BSN – Global Director of Healthcare, Polycom
- Dr. Deborah A. Jeffries – Director, Global Healthcare Marketing, Polycom
Polycom will showcase RealPresence video and voice solutions in the following use cases:
- Polycom® RealPresence® Media Manager – allows healthcare organizations to archive the video sessions of trainings, clinical reviews, consultations, or any other collaborative meetings held by video. Media Manager also enables organizations to track data, such as meeting attendance, for accountable care or compliance needs. Users who missed the real-time video session or who just want to reference previous meetings can search, access, and view recordings from the Web portal at their convenience.
- Virtualization Manager – a key component of the Polycom® RealPresence® Platform (the most comprehensive software infrastructure for universal video collaboration) – provides scalability to growing video telehealth networks; features auto-failover for ensured call availability, lowest cost call distribution and routing, and simplified user access with a single dialing plan for doctors, nurses and technicians even when connecting across multiple networks
- Polycom® RealPresence® Mobile – enterprise-grade video application for tablets and smartphones that allows health practitioners, such as doctors or first responders, to join telemedicine sessions even when they're away from the hospital
- Polycom® SpectraLink® Wireless Handsets – an enterprise-grade voice-over Wi-Fi handset with a built-in 2D barcode scanner that can help nursing staff obtain more accurate medical records and medication dosage information by scanning barcodes on surfaces such as wristbands, charts and bottles
- Embedded video demonstration – a third-party Web browser-based application with a built-in video chat window that encourages patients to actively participate in managing their health by connecting in live video consultations with their caregiver directly from a Web portal; no software installation is required. The application helps promote quick post-op recovery and reduces rehospitalization.
Monday, April 30
7:45 am – The Doctor Will See You Now – wherever you are!
How emerging technologies in virtual care can bridge clinicians and remote patients
- Andrew Watson, MD – UPMC and Center for Connected Medicine
- Donald J. Kosiak Jr., MD – Avera McKennan Hospital
- Colonel Ron Poropatich, MD – U.S. Army Medical Research and Material Command; Uniformed Services University of the Health Sciences
- Ron Emerson, RN, BSN – Polycom
- Nancy Green (Moderator) – Verizon
Media Only. Registration Required: Ellen.Topp@Polycom.com
Location: Hilton Hotel
Tuesday, May 1
1:15 pm – The Bottom Line
- Ron Emerson, RN, BSN (Moderator) – Polycom
- Dennis Santoli, President – Hanover Healthcare
- Allen Izadpanah, President/CEO – ViTel Net
- Larry Diamond, Vice President, Business Development – American Telecare
Location: Marriott Ballroom III
POLYCOM BOOTH (#1235) PRESENTATIONS
Monday, April 30
- 10:00am – The Affordable Care Act and Healthcare Funding Trends
- Presenter: Elizabeth Burton and Laura Lundahl, Polycom
- 2:15pm – Collaborative Health and Telemedicine
- Presenter: Ron Emerson, RN, BSN, Polycom
- 5:15pm – Patient Centered Care
- Presenter: Andrew Watson, MD, UPMC and Center for Connected Medicine
Tuesday, May 1
- 10:15am – Collaborative Health for Managing Pain
- Presenter: Justin Kromelow, Help Practice Management, LLC
Polycom's solutions are an ideal choice for healthcare facilities, healthcare professionals, and medical educators as they move toward collaborative healthcare networks, and prevention and wellness models of care.
With a free My-iQ account, you'll be able to keep track of the latest updates and event notifications from your favorite AV manufacturers, manage your own projects and discover new pro-AV products.
Request more information from a dealer near you