Polycom Announces New Federal Applications Program for HD Video Collaboration with Discounted Purchasing and Training for Government Customers
Designed to help Federal agencies and users within the government communicate and collaborate face-to-face more easily, effectively and economically
HERNDON, Va. - Dec 15, 2011 : Polycom, Inc. (Nasdaq: PLCM), the global leader in standards-based unified communications (UC), announced the release of the Federal Applications Program, designed specifically for Federal Government customers to receive discounted rates1 for Polycom video collaboration equipment and solutions, along with value-add services including specialized applications training, association memberships and access to custom content and features such as a green screen solution. The green screen technology provides users with various backdrops that seamlessly appear behind the speaker when they participate in video meetings.
"The Federal Applications Program is a key vehicle for enabling affordable and streamlined purchasing for our Federal customers, as well as encouraging greater use and adoption of Polycom solutions," said Barry Morris, Vice President of Federal Operations for Polycom. "We are pleased to offer our Federal customers this discount, and have seen the on-site applications training drastically increase usage and adoption of our solutions in multiple agencies."
"The Federal Applications Program provided us with applications training that assisted in our successful video collaboration operations and utilization," said David Rosenbaum, Education Specialist, U.S. National Archives, Washington, DC.
Recent government initiatives and mandates, such as BRAC (Base Re-alignment and Closure) and encouraging more government teleworkers, are resulting in the need for non-traditional office environments such as video collaboration in federal agencies. With Polycom enterprise-grade video collaboration solutions, employees are able to stay connected from remote locations while maintaining daily face-to-face and open communication with key agency personnel and leaders. Federal use cases and benefits for Polycom video solutions include:
- Government agencies, departments, and contractors can communicate optimally regardless of the network, environment or device used to coordinate responses regarding complex missions.
- Agencies can expand skills and expertise, extend the reach of instructors, speed learning, and decrease the time and expense associated with travel.
- Federal healthcare organizations are transforming the way patient care is delivered by optimizing resources, improving quality of care, spanning distances, and speeding the delivery of health care services.
- By using Polycom's mobile solutions such as Polycom® RealPresence™ Mobile, federal agencies can provide secure and instant access to people, information, and locations, and the mobile solutions are designed for easy transport, set-up, and use during extreme situations such as national disasters, terrorist threats, and healthcare emergencies.
- Polycom delivers voice, video, and data collaboration solutions that are used both on and off the battlefield, and as a critical command and control briefing solution.
- Judicial agencies can increase their operational efficiency by processing more cases while alleviating security and logistical problems for courts, law enforcement, and correctional institutions.
With a free My-iQ account, you'll be able to keep track of the latest updates and event notifications from your favorite AV manufacturers, manage your own projects and discover new pro-AV products.
Request more information from a dealer near you