CARACAS, Venezuela, April 28, 2011 - Cisco launched today the first Cisco TelePresence™ room in Venezuela, at the Cisco office in Caracas. The technology will help the company increase the productivity of its employees, speed decision-making, and reduce business travel costs. The advanced collaboration solution integrates spatial audio, life-size ultra-high-definition video and interactive elements to provide a face-to-face meeting experience live through the network.
- Through Cisco TelePresence technology, face-to-face meetings can be held without the need for travel. Making a simple call facilitates collaboration, productivity and decision-making.
- The Cisco TelePresence solution comprises 65-inch plasma screens at 1080p resolution, providing the participants with life-size video images of session participants. Three high-resolution cameras in each room show details of facial expressions and gestures on the other side of the "virtual table" in important meetings and negotiations.
- Cisco TelePresence has a high-quality spatial audio system and multiple inputs and outputs, all of which allow more realistic conversations.
- Participants in a Cisco TelePresence session can record high-quality video and use collaboration applications such as Cisco WebExTM.
- Participants can meet in up to 48 Cisco TelePresence rooms at the same time and gather for special events.
- Existing systems of standard-definition video conferencing can be easily integrated with Cisco TelePresence solutions.
- To date, the use of Cisco TelePresence has saved the company $800 million in travel expenses.