Chief, an industry leader in AV mounting solutions, has partnered with SurgeX® to co-develop a new line of solutions exclusive to the Chief brand. The partnership brings non-sacrificial surge protection technology, power and filtering to Chief infrastructure products and projector mount kits to create a unified AV solution. Powered PAC In-Wall boxes are shipping now. More powered storage and projector kits will be available in mid-April. (The CMS440P2 will be available in May.)
“Beyond simplified, one-SKU ordering, bringing power integration to the AV side of the install increases revenue opportunities for dealers,” said Gina Schneider, Product Manager at Chief. “I love the pairing of these two companies that are experts in their AV fields coming together to make life easier for our customers.”
Chief has long had a close relationship with SurgeX – the provider of its non-sacrificial rack accessories. This new partnership deepens the connection between the two companies and opens the potential for new solutions that span the Milestone family of brands.
Products now powered with SurgeX protection:
- Stand-Alone Wall Outlet
- In-Wall Storage Boxes with up to six receptacles
- Plenum Ceiling Storage Boxes
- Suspended Ceiling Kits
- Suspended Ceiling Projector Mount System
“By integrating our non-sacrificial surge protection and noise filtration into a form factor fit for storage solutions, Chief has created one of the most convenient and low-profile power protection solutions available,” said Shannon Townley, President, SurgeX.
SurgeX technology is designed to help AV equipment last longer. Benefits include:
- Patented non-sacrificial, multi-stage protection with industrial-grade surge protection and EMI/RFI noise filtration
- Improved reliability and functionality of connected equipment by safeguarding equipment from high energy transients, lightening strikes and electronic noise events that can cause gear degradation and downtime
- Non-volatile spike protection with LED power indicator
- Non-current limiting design passes full power on a regular circuit; redundant protection circuits
- Filter reduction of common and differential mode noise by up to 40 dB
Learn more about specific solutions and the benefits of adding SurgeX to installations at www.milestone.com/power.